So we will be leaving for China on Friday, June 30th and coming home on Friday, July 14th. That gives us exactly 7 weeks and 1 day to get our (err, I mean my) ass in gear! There are so many things to get done that I'm afraid I'll be in over-drive for most of the wait. There are still quite a few things left to do in Jenna's room as well as finishing and gathering up all the paperwork, going through the 100 list of things that still need to be packed and purchased (in-China gifts, medicine, baby toiletries, etc, etc), my head is spinning just thinking of it all.
Also, before I left, we received the translated referral documents and all checked out well with our adoption practitioner. Here are just a few things we learnt about her:
- She was found at the entrance of the Wanzai Social Welfare Institute on the same day she was born (July 26, 2005) by the Vice Director of the institute.
- She had a red birth note that had her birthdate written on it
- She was sent to foster care on November 14th (at 3 1/2 months old)
- As a newborn, she was quiet and smart
- She seldom cried
- At 4 months (when the report was written) she was attracted by her hands and liked to stare at them
- She loves having a bath or playing in the water
- She likes to stroll the streets (I'm assuming this means she likes to be outside??)
On the day she was born, I was at a friends' cabin out at Pigeon Lake for a couple of days. It was her birthday (yes, she has the same birthday as my Jenna) so we went golfing and later celebrated with a carrot cake that I had made her....
Little did we know that while celebrating her "29th" birthday (right LC?), we were also celebrating the birth of my daughter!!! How weird is that!
Also, I got these chocolate birth announcements made last week. Aren't they cute!!!!!
My head just hasn't been the same since we received referral. The last week and a half has just been such a blur and I find it hard to concentrate. During the day, she is all I think about and when I close my eyes, she is all I see.
Thanks to everyone who's been following along and sent their good wishes. It means alot to us!