Sunday, February 26, 2006

No good news

There's no easy way to say it, so I will just say it. We missed the cut off for referrals this month by 6 days. Actually, 4 business days, but who the hell's counting right??? I just feel defeated. This is the news I read early Saturday morning:

The CCAA has finished the placement of children for the families whose adoption application documents were registered with our office before May 25, 2005.

Keep in mind, our LID (Log In Date) is May 31st, 2005. Now that I've calmed down a little from what seemed to be the worst possible news I could have gotten, I can take this news and try to see the positives:

  1. I can completely finish the nursery (this means spend more money)
  2. I can get locky thingys for all the doors and cabinets so she doesn't decide to drink a bottle of Drano or nail polish remover (this also means spend more money)
  3. I can go on one last un-kid-friendly holiday, like the last 3 times in Vegas and once in New York in the past year (this also means more $$$)
  4. I can keep going out to weekly movie matinees (you guessed it, more money...see the trend?)
  5. and so on, and so on.....

I thought for sure our LID would be included in this go-round but again, I was mistaken. The ONLY good thing out of this all is that we are definitely, positively, unequivocally, unmistakenly NEXT!!!! So lets hope this month goes by quickly and my next post WILL have more positive news, I promise.

Until then, we pray that our Jenna is safe, happy, healthy and loved.

No comments: