Friday, April 07, 2006

The almighty Crystal Ball....


So I went on this goofy astology prediction website (don't ask) and I ran into this site where you can ask the crystal ball a question and it will give you an answer. Well I asked "Will I get my referral next?" and the moronic answer I got was:

The answer is obvious.


WTF!!! Obvious as in "Of course you'll get your referral next, you are the next day!" or Obvious as in "Obviously you're an idiot to believe that you're actually going to be next!" The reason I ask this questions is because the latest and greatest rumour that's floating around in China Adoption land is that the next set of referrals will only cover part of May 31st. HOW CAN THAT BE! Someone is definitely playing with my damn mind! The running joke after the last set of referrals was that the only way we wouldn't be next is if the CCAA decides to match half days only. And we thought that was hilarious. OH MY GOD!!!! This just can't be true. Who comes up with this! For the sake of my sanity, I'm going to keep believing that the rumour was started by some nerdy snot nosed whiz kid somewhere who sits behind his computer, eating Cheetos and M&M's, surfing China Adoption related blogs and gets his thrill on seeing what effects a rumour like that has on soon-to-be-parents who are already on the verge of a nervous breakdown caused by this slowdown. Now there's a vision huh?

Nothing really new to report from CB Weekly Update. The only thing they did say, aside from appreciating our anxiety towards this whole waiting situation, was that now the wait time from LogIn to referral will be increasing to 12-13 months. I guess after Jenna comes, we won't be applying to China again for our second....unless things change drastically. I don't know if I can handle going through all this again. I just turned 33 on Tuesday and I already feel like an old lady!

2 comments:

Dawn and Dale said...

HI!!!

I saw your entry in my guestbook weeks ago but I didn't know who you were or how to find your blog! Then today I saw your post on Catherines comments and when I saw your name "Gigi" I knew it was you!! I was so excited when I clicked on here and found your blog!

I haven't checked it out yet but I'm going to right away!!

Hope you hear about your baby soon!

We have two sets of friends in Sherwood Park! I love it there!

Dawn (BC Canada)

Val, Ron and Miss Olivia said...

Thanks for your Birthday wishes - I hope your birthday was good too. I wish I could say that I made the cake on my blog, but alas, I swiped the photo from the Betty Crocker web site. I also heard the rumour about splitting May 31 and I'm choosing to ignore it because I really think it was put out there by someone who gets off on freaking people out and creating mass panic. I know you and I are next - we just gotta be. Hugs from your fellow Aries May 31ster.
Val